Exhibitor Prospectus & Registration
2022 Annual Conference and Technical Course
April 21-24, 2022 — Birmingham, AL
Join the Southern Sleep Society for the 44th Annual Meeting and Technical Course for Allied Health Professionals in Birmingham, AL on April 21-24, 2022 for our first in-person conference since 2019. The conference is planned at the extravagant Sheraton Birmingham Hotel.
Southern Sleep Society is looking forward to welcoming exhibitors and supporters to collaborate, showcase and demonstrate all the exciting products and services to our membership and participants.
Both sponsorship and exhibit opportunities are available during our unique conference. The 44th Conference takes Southern Sleep Society back to it’s roots — the State of Alabama, where Dr. Virgil Wooten incorporated the Society in 1988.
The last time we met in Birmingham was 43 years ago!
This is a unique opportunity for your company to showcase innovative healthcare products, equipment or programs designed to improve outcomes and enhance the quality of services provided to patients with sleep disorders. The members and officers of the Society are looking forward to hosting our exhibitors and sponsors during the 44th annual meeting.
We are anticipating your participation in Birmingham!
The educational program includes a unique lineup of presenters, invited lecturers and speakers from leading sleep programs and medical centers around the country. Participants include sleep physicians, clinical researchers, Pulmonologists, Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Internal Medicine and Primary Care Physicians, Nurses, clinical sleep educators, sleep technologists, Respiratory Therapists, Sleep Fellows, Residents and students. The Southern Sleep Society continues to succeed because of the caliber of speakers and educational content. Each year, the Society brings in new members, while also retaining members and colleagues who attend each year.
Every effort is made to ensure that exhibitors receive maximum exposure to attendees. The agenda allows 30-minute breaks and additional time to mingle with participants during our welcome reception. Food and beverages during breakfast and breaks are held in the exhibit hall. Exhibitors attend breakfast, lunch, reception and breaks. Exhibitors also interact with participants durng the Technologist course.
Exhibitors and supporters have opportunities ranging from participating in the exhibit show, to underwriting various conference activities, as well as advertising on the Southern Sleep Society website. All supporters have signage on their tables indicating the level of support. Details on various sponsorship levels are included below. We hope that you will take the opportunity to participate both as an exhibitor and a supporter of the Southern Sleep Society.
- Exhibits open on Thursday, April 21, 2022 at 3:00 PM during the technical course. A welcome reception is also planned for Thursday evening in the exhibit hall.
- The meeting offers 22 continuing educational credits for technologists, Nurses, Respiratory Therapists and other allied health professionals who attend the lectures during all four conference days. The technologist course offers 8 credits and the Southern Sleep Society meeting offers a total of 4 credits. CME is offered for physicians.
- Exhibitor representatives earn continuing education credits at no additional cost.
- Exhibitors may particpate in all social activities, golf, tours and Founders Dinner.
Schedule and Show Hours
|Exhibit Setup:||Thursday, April 21, 2022
12:00 PM-3:00 PM
|Exhibit Hours:||Thursday, April 21, 2022
3:00 PM-7:00 PM
Friday, April 22, 2022
7:00 AM-8:00 AM
10:30 AM-11:00 AM
3:00 PM-3:30 PM
Saturday, April 23, 2022
7:30 AM-8:30 AM
10:40 AM-11:00 AM
|Dismantle:||Saturday, April 23, 2022
Sheraton Birmingham Hotel is located at 2101 Richard Arrington Jr. Boulevard North, Birmingham, AL 35203. The phone number is 205-324-5000. The hotel has offered Southern Sleep Society attendees a generous room rate of $159 per night plus applicable state and local tax (currently 17.5% per room per night) for Standard King/Double Rooms and Jr. Suite. Check in time is 4:00 PM and check out is 11:00 AM. Individuals must make their own reservations by calling the hotel or through the reservation link provided below. All reservations must be accompanied by a first night room deposit or guaranteed with a major credit card. The cut-off date for Southern Sleep Society rate is March 28, 2022 at 5:00 PM.
Shipping and Receiving
The hotel is pleased to accept and store all boxes and shipments required for scheduled meetings/programs according to the following policies.
All boxes must be labeled with group name, date of program, group on-site contact as well as the catering representative in charge of your meeting/group. The hotel will not assume any responsibility for the damage or loss of any merchandise or articles left or sent into the hotel prior to, during, or following your function. The hotel cannot assume responsibility for storage of boxes received more than (3) days prior to the scheduled meeting/program. After your event, any boxes to be shipped out of the hotel must be properly packaged and labeled with shipping address, return address and method of payment. Package handling fees vary from $5.00 upwards.
Shipping and receiving hours of operation are Monday through Sunday from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Hours may be adjusted based on the needs of the groups in-house. The hotel is not responsible for packing or for supplying any packing materials. The hotel will notify Southern Sleep Society of any materials inadvertently left behind. Any materials left behind without shipping instructions will be discarded within three business days after notification.
|0-5 lbs||$5.00 each|
|6-20 lbs||$10.00 each|
|21-50 lbs||$15.00 each|
|Over 50 lbs||$25.00 each|
|0-50 lbs||$5.00 each per day|
|Over 50 lbs||$7.00 each per day|
|Crates||$10.00 each per day|
|Pallets||$15.00 each per day|
(Storage is charged after the third business day, not including Saturday or Sunday)
|0-5 lbs||$5.00 each|
|Over 50 lbs||$10.00 each|
Packages can be retrieved at the front desk. Make arrangements to schedule the delivery of packages to guest or meeting rooms. Additional charges may be incurred based on time of arrival and nature of shipment.
Exhibitor Registration Form
Please use the form below to register as an exhibitor at the Southern Sleep Society 2022 Annual Conference and Technical Course.
Our registration system uses PayPal for payment. Note that you can make a payment using a credit card without creating a PayPal account, if you choose to do so. Where it asks you to login to your PayPal account, just click below where it says “pay with a debit or credit card”.
For questions related to registration, please contact:
Marietta Bellamy Bibbs
If you prefer to pay by check, please use our printable registration form.
Please note the following:
- There is a $200 non-refundable fee for canceling registration by April 8, 2022
- There are no refunds available after April 8, 2022
- Exhibitors are fully responsible to pay for any and all shipping charges to and from the meeting site
- Exhibitors shall be fully responsible to pay for any and all damages to property owned by Sheraton Hotel, its owners or managers, which result from any act or omission of Exhibitor
- Exhibitor agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless, Sheraton Hotel, its owners, managers, officers or directors, agents, employees, subsidiaries and affiliates, from any damages or charges resulting from Exhibitor’s use of the property
- Exhibitor’s liability shall include all losses, costs, damages or expenses arising from, out of, or by reason of any accident or bodily injury or other occurrences to any person or persons, including the Exhibitor, its agents, employees and business invites which arise from or out of the Exhibitor’s occupancy and use of the exhibition premises, the Hotel or any part thereof